Second Life Registration (New) May 28, 2008Posted by champion in : Registration , trackback
In the process of registration there are always some points that you might ignore and confuse. So I printed entire flow and pages, see seven steps below:
1. The following is the first page you will see, it provides many groups in Second Life. If you are interested in a group, click [Join Now] and you will enter that group’s website. If you complete the registration flow on that website, you will start at the place that your group planed and designed for you as your life beginning while you enter this game. Because every group has it’s own flow page, in order to avoid troubles, let’s click [Skip This Step] to enter Second Life’s registration flow. Anyway, you can join a group any time as you like.
2. At first you have to decide your account name, what different is the accounts in Second Life are made up of names, you must fill in your First Name. Be sure not to use multiple character in your name, cause you might not enter this game. Besides Second Life provides Last Name for you to choose. While it’s chosen you can click [Check this name for availability] to check if your account had been used or not in case of wasting your time.
If your account had been used you will get this page, keep your Last Name and try other First Name, or directly click [x] to turn it off to choose again.
Congratulations! Your account is available. click [Choose this Second Life Name] to keep going.
If you see this page, it means you are too young to play(must be 13 years of age or older).. Registration Notes
If there are so many blanks need to be filled, that’s because you are below 18, you must fill in adaut’s credit card information, and have to play with family’s company as your guardian.
The word on the Birthday field turns red, it means you missed this option or it’s wrong.
Don’t worry, this window page appears to remind your name’s opening is a small letter. If you wanna change, click [Cancel], if it doesn’t matter, just click [Enter] to keep going.
3. The third step is to select your avatar. Although Second Life had told you that you can change your type casually, in order to have a similar appearance before you get everything clear, I suggest choosing a type first in case of regret.
4. Then is your profile, the three options in [SL News and Updates] don’t have to be checked, you can also neglect the option [Promotion Code], as regards the option [Who Referred You], you might fill in “James Yiyuan”(if you upgrade to Premium, I’ll got L$500 ^^), all other fields are needed. The red frame is [reCAPTCHA] code, you must key in the code showed on the field. If it’s not clear, you can click the refresh icon near by to ask a new code, or click speaker icon just listen to the code(better not use this, if it doesn’t work, SL quite insist that you must install it). In the end there is an option [Terms of Service] down the page, don’t forget to check after reading.
If you see this page, it means your [reCAPTCHA] code was wrong(you must be far off, the checking is not so ad litteram).
It’s too bad if you see this, don’t think as a complete page, it means your registration was failed, you have to try again, because Linden considers that you are a trouble maker.
5. It was right to see this, asking you to become premium member or not, there are three terms on payment, click [Skip This Step] to jump it if you don’t want it currently.
6. Congratulations! You’ve finished all fields, but the registration is not complete yet. Remember to receive email at first because Second Life will confirm your email.
7. The mail subjected [Welcome to Second Life] here is the content, click first link back to Second Life website to complete the registration.
Do you see this? Congratulations! You can downlord Second Life now.